Snowshoe Goldens resides in Afton, MN, twenty minutes east of the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro. Our facility consists of 5 acres in the country, just 4 mi. South of I-94.
Snowshoe consists of Steve and Sue Schnarr.
Our ‘golden life’ began in 1991, with the purchase of PANDA, who would become our foundation breeding female.
We are committed to adhering to ‘the’ standard for golden retrievers, breeding for ‘sound mind and body.’ Temperament is of utmost importance of Snowshoe.
Whether you are looking for a competitive show dog, interested in therapy, obedience, rally, agility or field... or simply a ‘couch potato family companion’... there is likely a puppy for you!
We have bred over 50 litters to date, with an average of 2-3 litters per year. As of Spring 2015, we have bred 38 Champions and consistently have had a Nationally ranked ‘Top Ten’ Conformation show dog.
- ‘Gracie’ was #2 female and #6 golden in 2001.
- ‘Montana’ was #2 golden in 2002 & 2003, having won the BEST OF BREED at Westminster in 2003.
‘Smooch’ was #1 female in 2006.
Snowshoe is now in its 7th generation of golden retrievers. Our 'ladies' in order are:
- Ch. Arieh Pandamonium in our Time, SDHF, OD 'Panda'
- Ch. Snowshoe's High Society, SDHF, BIS, OD 'Gracie'
- Snowshoe's Best Policy 'Honesty'
- Ch. Snowshoe's Kiss for Luck, SDHF, BIS, OD 'Smooch'
- Ch. Snowshoe's Surfin Down Under 'Sydney'
- GR CH Snowshoe's Down the Slopes 'Lindsey'
- Snowshoe's Olympic Gold 'Picabo'
Our 50th litter, labeled the 'GOLD' litter, consisting of just four puppies, promises to carry on the 'GOLD' with having kept a female, named Picabo.